Significance of English Language Day

                                                               




Kavyakites 

Beginner Blogger 



Hello readers! I am Kavya Mehta, a beginner blogger and I have just started writing blogs on this site. I will share blogs on motivational topics, food recipes, informational blogs and my views on different topics. As I move forward, I will also come up with new blogs and ideas to be shared with all of you. I will try to enhance my writing skills and will attempt my best to engage all the readers. 


       


Significance of English Language Day!


English-known as ‘the language of the world’ is the second most language used worldwide. Earlier, around 1,500 years ago, English was spoken by just three (3) Germanic tribes, who spread their knowledge across the continent.

 

English language day is celebrated on 23rd April especially by the United Nations (UN). But why this date? This particular date was chosen for its cultural significance to the English, marking both St George’s Day and William Shakespeare’s birth and death anniversary.

 


This day is celebrated to show the importance of English in the world. Simultaneously, it spreads awareness, highlights their history, culture and achievements of the United Nations.



By Kavya Mehta

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Media and Misinformation POEM: Shadows of Doubt

Spot the Fake: Your Guide to Real News

Sapphire Souls, Golden Dreams....World Cup Time